Restaurant Manager Needed!
About Don Taco
Don Taco is the newest and only Mexican restaurant to open in Melbourne which provides 100% plant based menu. Our business model is fast casual and we expect to grow rapidly across Melbourne with multiple venues and dark kitchens through 20/21.
The owners of the new restaurant are not new to business, they have a track record of building successful businesses and are investing heavily into this new venture and as such need an experienced restaurant manager to look after the day to day running of restaurant operations.
Vegan restaurants are not just for vegans, which is why we don’t expect our new manager to be vegan, but respect those who have chosen a lifestyle which reduces our impact on the planet.
After being totally overwhelmed with customers on our first weekend of trade, we need someone who has the capacity to start quickly and hit the ground running.
General Job tasks and responsibilities;
We have an exciting opportunity available for restaurant manager who is ready to lead our team and grow their career.
As a Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible for setting the highest standard in all areas of the restaurant including the customer experience, the workplace culture and the financial results.
Things you will do:
This diverse role involves a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Leading the restaurant team in efficient day to day operations
· Ensuring great-tasting, high-quality food is served and exceptional customer service is maintained at all times
· Listening to customer feedback and consistently working to ensure positive customer experiences
· Identifying talent, interviewing and hiring new team members
· Inducting and on-boarding of new team members
· Training, developing and cross-training of all team members, supervisors and assistant managers
· Completing staff performance reviews and driving a culture of continuous improvement
· Management of staff including rostering, shift changes and team meetings
· Resolving any employee issues including grievances, disciplinary action
· Ordering of stock from various suppliers
· Office administration duties such as paperwork, banking, cash handling, payroll and reviewing policies
· Compiling, preparing and maintaining profit and loss statements, budgets and cost controls with regard to the cost of goods and labour
· Managing daily and weekly cleaning of the production areas, dining room, and general restaurant
· Executing marketing promotions
· Ensuring safety and security standards are recognized and upheld, and that employees are effectively trained in Workplace Health and Safety
We are looking for someone who is comfortable fostering and building solid relationships and dealing with any type of personality by quickly building rapport and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
- At least 5 years restaurant management experience. Experience at another fast casual restaurant such as Grill’d, Shnitz, Mad Mex etc would be highly regarded but not required.
- Strong understanding of online ordering channels and experience managing prep times to ensure customers and drivers are not left waiting.
- Positive, happy and smiling – able to build on the great workplace culture and provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of cash handling policies and procedures
- Ability to accurately execute office administration tasks and duties
- RSA and food safety certified
What is on offer:
We are offering a full time salary position, working 40 hours per week. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. This is a business management and sales position and your role will be to help us grow the business whilst keeping costs down without compromising on quality and service. Ongoing training will be provided and monthly incentives will be on offer which reflect growth and cost targets for the business.
There will be plenty of opportunities to grow into other positions as we aggressively open more locations over the next 2 years. This includes potential head office positions and also positions in our other businesses that best suit your strengths.
Business culture is a very important aspect for us and had been the key to our success in other industries, we promise to treat you with the respect you deserve and reward you with the freedom to have a generous work/life balance.
If this sounds like something that would suit you, please submit a PERSONALISED cover letter addressed to Aaron & Tristan Gray and email through to [email protected]
Any applications that are not accompanied by a personalised cover letter will not be considered.